[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51947: When Customizer `setup_theme` action fails during wp-settings.php, WordPress crashes due to missing global $wp_locale

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 7 14:45:34 UTC 2020

#51947: When Customizer `setup_theme` action fails during wp-settings.php,
WordPress crashes due to missing global $wp_locale
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Guss77             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dlh):

 In my testing so far, I'm unable to replicate that fatal error. The script
 exits as expected.

 `wp_localize_jquery_ui_datepicker()` won't attempt to use the `$wp_locale`
 global unless the `jquery-ui-datepicker` script is enqueued — see
 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/blob/901909bf2cc79333d424628cef2064770b4b839b/src/wp-includes
 /script-loader.php#L1666-L1671.

 Is a plugin enqueuing the datepicker? If so, when in the bootstrap cycle
 is it being enqueued, and how?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51947#comment:3>