[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51913: Potential `unsupported operand types` dashboard fatal on PHP8 + multisite + upload space check

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 3 07:31:28 UTC 2020

#51913: Potential `unsupported operand types` dashboard fatal on PHP8 + multisite +
upload space check
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  iandunn          |       Owner:  iandunn
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by janthiel):

 @iandunn Thanks for the amazing job and jumping in :-)
 I agree that using `WP_CONTENT_DIR` seems more reliable than `ABSPATH` so
 I fully agree with that change.
 I would also vote to leave in the `is_int` check for reliability reasons
 and to avoid type mismatches in the return. That should fix the possible
 FATAL.

 The `str_replace` part using `WP_CONTENT_DIR` is meant for normalization
 and removal of path fragments that might change on hosting level (like
 moving web root or such). So WordPress should only store information
 relative to WordPress paths and independent of the server.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51913#comment:14>