[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51913: Potential `unsupported operand types` dashboard fatal on PHP8 + multisite + upload space check

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 3 01:31:11 UTC 2020

#51913: Potential `unsupported operand types` dashboard fatal on PHP8 + multisite +
upload space check
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  iandunn          |       Owner:  iandunn
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by iandunn):

 Status update:

 Both the `is_int()` and the `WP_CONTENT_DIR` fixes seem to fix the problem
 on their own, but I'd recommend keeping both for safety.

 I'm not done w/ the unit tests yet, but have manually tested in a couple
 different kinds of setups, and don't expect to discover any problems. If
 the `WP_CONTENT_DIR` switch looks good to @janthiel, then I think we're
 probably in good shape.

 My only reservations are the short time period between RC3 and release,
 and the variety of setups in the wild. So, getting more eyes and testers
 would help a lot, especially if folks have dev/staging environments for
 real multisites that they could run RC2+this on.

 cc @peterwilsoncc, @dd32, @flixos90, @johnjamesjacoby

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51913#comment:13>