[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49817: Simple Site Health Improvement to Check for Plugin Compatibility wiith Latest WP Version Release

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 13 20:09:12 UTC 2020

#49817: Simple Site Health Improvement to Check for Plugin Compatibility wiith
Latest WP Version Release
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aussiedigitalnomad  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new
Changes (by Clorith):

 * keywords:  dev-feedback =>
 * version:  5.4 => 5.2

Comment:

 Hi there, and welcome to the WordPress trac!

 I'm afraid I don't quite see the need for implementing more columns here,
 the screen in question is intended as a debug tool, to give a quick
 overview that you can share with a support representative of some sort. It
 would also very likely give the wrong impression, as a plugin may jut not
 have changed the tested with string in their readme, but the plugin works
 perfectly well regardless.

 If you're worried about wanting plugins to be updated, the updates screen
 shows that information for the actively used, and the latest version of,
 WordPress.

 If I'm missing something, please feel free to elaborate though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49817#comment:3>