[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47559: Subtitle tracks use English as default (hardcoded) in track element srclang and label attributes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 29 04:39:29 UTC 2019

#47559: Subtitle tracks use English as default (hardcoded) in track element srclang
and label attributes
 Reporter:  BjornW                   |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  accepted
  patch dev-feedback                 |  javascript

Comment (by sabernhardt):

 The note text might be better as "Attribute values can be edited to
 reflect the kind or language of the track." (The kind might be "captions"
 or another type.)

 Technically, fixing the bug only requires providing a way to edit language
 settings, and removing the readonly attribute does that (at least in my
 test of the Video widget). Then we could add a new ticket to propose the
 enhancement(s) for a more intuitive UI in 5.4.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47559#comment:23>