[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48426: Can't update meta via the REST API if an identical value for a field you don't have permission to update is included

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 25 16:09:42 UTC 2019

#48426: Can't update meta via the REST API if an identical value for a field you
don't have permission to update is included
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  johnstonphilip      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnstonphilip):

 Yes you should. That is what is happening currently. What I am focused on
 here is that the wrong is error is being thrown for the wrong field,
 preventing a legitimate update. A field that wasn't being updated, is
 being updated. Not only does this cause the permissions error, but I would
 imagine also wastes update calls that don't actually need to happen.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48426#comment:5>