[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for that (was: Unable to approve comment without a mouse)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 21 13:54:01 UTC 2019

#48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for
that
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  akrabat          |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by afercia):

 Thanks @akrabat for clarifying.

 Interesting. As far as I see, with Vimari: https://i.19ft.com/22313059.png
 it is possible, for example, to press `XD` and focus is moved to the
 commenter's IP address. Then pressing Tab from there you'd need just one
 tab press to get to the action links.

 Instead, I couldn't find a way to make Shortcat move focus. It sorts of
 "selects" the matched element but it doesn't really moves focus. That
 doesn't help so much in reducing the number of required Tab presses. I'd
 tend to think this is a Shortcat limitation.

 Anyways, I'd propose to change the ticket Summary because it is possible
 to approve comments without a mouse. I'd tend to agree making the action
 links always visible or providing an option for that is definitely worth
 exploring.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48751#comment:12>