[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 13 16:33:08 UTC 2019

#48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic
Editor
-------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ate Up With Motor  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by Ate Up With Motor):

 I concur that the present colors need to change. Eliminating the gray
 background might lessen the contrast issue, but isn't sufficient, and
 isn't necessarily desirable for other reasons (Big areas of white can
 contribute to eyestrain, at least for me. With complex pages with many
 discrete sets of elements, I find that the gray background for each group
 is a very helpful visual navigation aid.)

 A point I mentioned in my original forum post that bears is that red is
 commonly associated with error messages. Similarly, blue is commonly used
 for hyperlinks. So, the use of these colors for secondary buttons can be
 visually confusing in that regard as well.

 I would really like at least the option of black secondary buttons/button
 text.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48585#comment:6>