[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on 32 bit servers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 9 18:47:35 UTC 2019

#47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on
32 bit servers
-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lovingboth         |       Owner:  paragoninitiativeenterprises
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by lovingboth):

 Replying to [comment:8 paragoninitiativeenterprises]:

 I've just realised who I am talking to, argh, blush, sorry.

 Double apologies for the tone, given you're the source of the library and
 not the people who chose to add it to core despite its acknowledged issues
 with a unknown sized chunk of the installed base. (It's not on at
 https://wordpress.org/about/stats/ but what is there says that less than
 half the user base are on any 5.x version of WordPress, and less than one
 in three are using a version of PHP that WordPress counts as "secure".)

 Triple apologies for asking you about whether SHA512 was considered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47186#comment:13>