[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40118: Clicking top level admin menu links on mobile does not take you to those sections

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 21 17:42:14 UTC 2019

#40118: Clicking top level admin menu links on mobile does not take you to those
sections
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  karmatosed      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by melchoyce):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Chatted about this in this week's Design triage. While we agree
 @steve1607's suggestion is an improvement, it also feels like a bandaid.
 Small-screen WordPress is a bit of a mess, and we'd benefit from taking a
 step back and looking at it holistically rather than in pieces.
 "Tightening up" is a focus of core design this year, and we'd like to
 tackle this as a wider part of that effort. I'm going to close this as
 `maybelater`, but keep a note to review while we're looking at mobile
 patterns.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40118#comment:9>