[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46704: Twenty Nineteen: Long non-breaking text strings can cause horizontal scrolling

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 19 15:58:12 UTC 2019

#46704: Twenty Nineteen: Long non-breaking text strings can cause horizontal
scrolling
----------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  ianbelanger                       |       Owner:  ianbelanger
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by laurelfulford):

 Thanks for tackling this, @ianbelanger! I noticed a couple things while
 reviewing [attachment:46704.diff] :

 * The RTL stylesheet needs to be regenerated as well with these changes
 (it's the one default theme that doesn't load the default style.css with
 the RTL styles). This can be done by running `npm install` and `npm run
 build` inside of the theme's folder.

 * In headings.scss, `.post-navigation .post-title, .entry-title, .not-
 found .page-title...` already has `word-break: break-word` -- I don't
 think the `word-wrap: break-word;` is needed there, too (unless I'm
 missing something!).

 * It looks like Edge and IE 10-11 will also support hyphens with the -ms-
 prefix -- do you think it's worth adding that as well?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46704#comment:12>