[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed Tests" section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 4 14:22:39 UTC 2019

#46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed
Tests" section
 Reporter:  pbiron                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  patch                                          |  administration

Comment (by pbiron):

 Replying to [comment:22 hedgefield]:
 > I feel like we are getting off track here. This issue is to address the
 severity of using red and orange. Using borders instead of fills was one
 of the suggestions, liked by the person reporting the issue and the
 designers participating, picked and implemented. As far as I'm concerned
 that solves this issue, would you agree @pbiron?

 Since I'm the person who reported the issue and I've said several times
 that I prefer having green backgrounds for all badges in "Passed" section
 (if colors are going to be used at all) I don't think it is correct to say
 that using outlines is "liked by the person reporting the issue".  I find
 using outlines **for the passed tests** is better than solid backgrounds
 **if the red/orange color is still going to be used**, but it is certainly
 not my preferred solution.

 Also, @mdwolinski was the one who original suggested
 [[https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1553352484941800|in the
 Slack discussion]] using outlines, but only to "softened up if there are
 no issues", I don't find his contributions to this ticket off track.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46623#comment:25>