[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45002: Make Publish, Preview button stick to bottom and introduce Back to Top for Admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 26 23:49:37 UTC 2018

#45002: Make Publish, Preview button stick to bottom and introduce Back to Top for
Admin
 Reporter:  s3w47m88                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by joyously):

 In my view, it's not broken, and I don't like things to be invisible until
 scrolled or hidden until hovered. It's harder to find things.

 It should stay as a plugin because it's not very accessible. Buttons need
 to be where they are in the source of the page for tab order to work right
 and for the Page Reader announce to make sense.

 Some of us have years of habit with the primary buttons at the top, so
 it's preferable to keep them there.

 Also, the editor page is changing in 5.0, so this would only be applicable
 to the Classic editor plugin. The new editor page doesn't have the same
 button layout.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45002#comment:3>