[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their private data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 9 12:30:14 UTC 2018

#43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their
private data
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by mikejolley):

 @azaozz

 > Not sure I understand "register to describe" for plugins. Wouldn't that
 be the suggested text for the Privacy Policy page?

 Let me give an example.

 In WooCommerce I provide something along the lines of:

 Order Billing Address - Used for X
 Customer IP Address - Used for y
 Customer phone number - Used for Z

 This could be in JSON format for example.

 WP gathers all of these schemas and presents them to the admin when
 handling a deletion:

 xxx at xxx.com

 Anonymize | Data
 [x]               | Comments
 [x]               | Posts
 [  ]                | Order Billing Address | Used for X
 [x]                | Customer IP Address  | Used for Y
 [x]                | Customer phone number | Used for Z

 Then they have a way to choose what is kept and what is not.

 This was just an idea. It could be handled per plugin but if other plugins
 have the same use case, this could lead to lots of different UIs doing the
 same thing :)

 Preference?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43437#comment:5>