[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their private data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 9 09:56:48 UTC 2018

#43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their
private data
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:3 mikejolley]:
 > 1. Agree on a schema which plugins may register to describe the personal
 data they hold for a user.

 Not sure I understand "register to describe" for plugins. Wouldn't that be
 the suggested text for the Privacy Policy page?

 > 2. Core loads in these schemas and presents a table to the admin user
 which shows what data is available to delete...

 Not sure if there is a need to select what gets deleted every time a user
 request deletion. If the plugin holds many different types of data, I
 rather see this as a setting for the plugin (on the plugin's settings
 screen). This will make it easier for the admin and be better UX in
 general. Then when a request for deletion is received and confirmed (when
 the core hook runs), the plugin will delete the data according to its own
 settings.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43437#comment:4>