[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site Setting"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 29 17:58:21 UTC 2018

#38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site
Setting"
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by melchoyce):

 * keywords:  ui-feedback => has-ui-feedback

Comment:

 Steps to reproduce for English (US) folks:
 1. Go to Settings —> General
 2. Change Site Language to something else and save
 3. Go to Users —> Your Profile
 4. You should now see a “Language” dropdown under Keyboard Shortcuts

 I think "Site Default" makes sense, but it needs to be clarified what that
 default is, as @Presskopp suggests. See [attachment:language-settings.png]
 for a suggested implementation, where the default site language is
 appended to the end of the "Site Default" select option.

 I'd also suggest removing the default site language from the list, so it's
 not duplicated.

 For example:

 '''Language'''
 - Site Default: English (United States)