[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for super admins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 30 16:51:46 UTC 2018

#43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for
super admins
------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  TZ Media          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by mnelson4):

 > I'm not sure we can reliably handle this by making AJAX requests to each
 site from the dashboard due to CORS.

 Good point. Couldn't that be overcome by having some server-side code that
 instructs AJAX requests to allow requests from the main site for this
 particular case?

 > A side-effect of using switch_to_blog() to schedule cron events on many
 sites is that any plugins hooking into WP's cron system will not be
 available. This could cause unknown issues with how those events are (or
 aren't) run.

 Oups, ya. That kinda kills that the idea of handling multiple sites in a
 single request. (Unless that's a shortcoming we're willing to overlook.)
 So at most the AJAX/REST requests will be able to do one site at a time.

 > An alternative could be a REST endpoint on each site that returns a
 user's data and is called from a cron event via "remote" request on the
 network's main site.

 I think that's viable, too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43738#comment:18>