[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for super admins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 20 18:25:20 UTC 2018

#43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for
super admins
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  TZ Media     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by coreymckrill):

 Replying to [comment:9 jeremyfelt]:
 > > Search across the network for the user's ID and/or email
 >
 > We can look at a single table, `wp_usermeta`, to get a list of sites the
 user has a role on, but I'm not sure if that covers everything that we
 need.

 It doesn't, because comments might only be associated with an email
 address, not a user ID. This may also be the case for data stored by
 plugins. But `wp_usermeta` is probably a good start.

 > A couple questions:
 > * Is there a personal data export API endpoint that is available on each
 site?

 There has been some discussion of REST API endpoints, but I don't think
 there is any code for this yet (although I haven't caught up on everything
 yet today). I think these endpoints will be critical for multisite needs.

 > * What's the best ticket to start on to get up to speed on the data
 being exported? #43438?

 Yep, plus #43546 for the (single site) UI.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43738#comment:10>