[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for super admins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 20 18:16:08 UTC 2018

#43738: Make the GDPR Export/Delete functionality available in network-wide for
super admins
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  TZ Media     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 > Search across the network for the user's ID and/or email

 I'm still catching up on GDPR and will have to go through some of the
 tickets to figure out what data is being exported and in what format, but
 this specific task may not be realistic with multisite's current data
 structure.

 We can look at a single table, `wp_usermeta`, to get a list of sites the
 user has a role on, but I'm not sure if that covers everything that we
 need.

 For small networks, it may be possible to just loop through each site and
 retrieve the data. As networks get larger, this becomes less and less
 realistic and would probably need to have a long running task using cron.

 A couple questions:
 * Is there a personal data export API endpoint that is available on each
 site?
 * What's the best ticket to start on to get up to speed on the data being
 exported? #43438?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43738#comment:9>