[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 11 23:01:23 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  allendav          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by allendav):

 I just uploaded a rough work in progress that connects the "Download Data"
 action for a personal data export request all the way through to
 generating a ZIP file. The ZIP file includes an HTML report that surfaces
 personal data found in comments.

 To test,
 - apply this patch
 - create a few comments with a given email address
 - go to Tools > Personal Data Export and create a new export request for
 that email address
 - confirm the request if desired (not required)
 - click on Download Data under the email address in the export table
 - you should receive a ZIP file, open it
 - behold the personal data found in comments

 Besides generally cleaning it up, I also want to change the file
 generation to use the request CPT instead of options, but otherwise things
 won't change much. Feedback welcome.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:9>