[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 no longer available Sept 2017

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 16 09:37:34 UTC 2017

#41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3  no longer available
Sept 2017
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  netweb            |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by notnownikki):

 I've only just become aware of `phpenv`, and it looks like it includes
 more patches by default, although in Gutenberg we've added the patches and
 build config needed, so it's not an issue, especially as we only build
 once and then use the travis cache.

 When we test with older php versions, do we need these loaded as apache
 modules, or are we just running the cli? For Gutenberg, we only run the
 cli, installing the apache module is trickier, and possibly `phpenv` would
 be better for that, as it includes apache installation support, although
 we would need root access to do that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41292#comment:39>