[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42168: Featured Image bug: in a post when I click "Set featured image" the link redirect me to /wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=...

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 10 14:10:15 UTC 2017

#42168: Featured Image bug: in a post when I click "Set featured image" the link
redirect me to /wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=...
 Reporter:  alericcardi   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  4.8.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In the post page when I click "Set featured image" the link redirect me to
 the page "/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=... " and do not show me a
 pop up box that permit me to attach an image to my post like the oldest
 version. When it redirect me to the page I have the only possibility to
 upload a new image and not to attach the image to the post.

 [[Image(https://imgur.com/a/2oEKa)]]

 I tried to deactivate all the plugin and also started with a plane
 WordPress version.
 With a version lower than 4.8 the bug disappear.
 I noted that when I move the metabox of the featured image, then it starts
 to work.