[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39607: Multiple pages with the same title but different parents not differentiated in link editor dialog

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 21 02:18:15 UTC 2017

#39607: Multiple pages with the same title but different parents not differentiated
in link editor dialog
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jdgrimes               |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
Changes (by azaozz):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Looking at 39607.diff: can we do something like:
 {{{
 $parent_id = wp_get_post_parent_id( $post->ID );

 if ( $parent_id ) {
 }
 }}}

 Seems more readable.

 Also, not sure the parent title should be after the post title. Doesn't
 seem logical and is the opposite in the permalink.

 Also, what do we do for grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. Should we
 skip them? Perhaps go to three levels deep?

 In any case, needs some feedback on how to display
 {{{
 Paten title -> Post title
 Grandparent title -> Parent title -> Post title

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39607#comment:4>