[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39766: Plugin does not gracefully fail when editing active plugin causes fatal error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 3 21:31:49 UTC 2017

#39766: Plugin does not gracefully fail when editing active plugin causes fatal
error
 Reporter:  ovann86       |       Owner:

Comment (by MattyRob):

 @ovann86

 I've just used your code and editing the main plugin file. The plugin was
 deactivated on the edit with an error message (screen shot to follow).

 This can still happen if you edit an included file on occasions (I've been
 bitten a few times) but the current steps are not a 100% way to reproduce
 this issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39766#comment:1>