[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42845: The 2017 theme will not show video headers and I can't find a discussion on the subject

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 12 01:00:43 UTC 2017

#42845: The 2017 theme will not show video headers and I can't find a discussion on
the subject
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Williampo     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi @Williampo and welcome to Trac.

 I've tested this myself, and it's working as expected for me using the
 following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOY3ZUO6P0k

 It's entirely possible that the video you're testing with isn't embeddable
 or has another attribute which causes it to not be embeddable.
 There may also be another plugin or customization on the site which
 prevents it's use.

 Are there any Javascript errors in the console? What HTML code is
 generated for the header video on the front-end (Keeping in mind, that the
 image selected will still be present, and the video loaded over the top of
 it).
 Can you get the video header to work without any plugins enabled? What
 about theme customisations? Have you modified anything in any way?

 For now, I'm marking this as `worksforme` but we can re-open it if you
 find something which indicates a core bug - right now this sounds like a
 theme/plugin-specific issue and not something more general, due to no
 other reports for this being submitted. Replies can still be made here
 without re-opening.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42845#comment:1>