[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42845: The 2017 theme will not show video headers and I can't find a discussion on the subject

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 8 22:17:17 UTC 2017

#42845: The 2017 theme will not show video headers and I can't find a discussion on
the subject
 Reporter:  Williampo     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |    Version:  4.9.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I have been using the 2017 theme for about a year. I successfully used an
 image for the header with no problem. But when I tried to exchange the
 image with a YouTube video, under 8 mg, lasting 4 seconds it shows the
 video in the preview but fails to show it when I publish this change. I
 have worked on it and now have a consultant working on it and he can't get
 it to work either. The theme documentation implies a video may be used as
 the header yet no one can get it to work. In m.y mind this is a flawunless
 there is a plugin or code that needs to be added to correct this situation