[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40931: Warning: Division by zero in wp-includes/theme-compat/embed-content.php on line 33

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 2 04:36:48 UTC 2017

#40931: Warning: Division by zero in wp-includes/theme-compat/embed-content.php on
line 33
----------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  aegis123                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by Abigailm):

 I am also seeing this problem (I am the person who reported in the post
 linked by @tobifjellner).

 It is happening with GET calls to page and post URL's ending with /embed/,
 on some but not all pages on a few of my sites - most don't have the
 problem. All sites have different themes. The error persists when
 disabling various plugins and also persisted when I switched one site to
 TwentyFifteen for testing. So no obvious conflict causing it.

 It does happen consistently on GET requests to specific pages-- that is,
 once I can isolate a page where it is occuring, I can trigger the error
 simply by browsing to (example): https:// mysite.tld/permalink/embed/ and
 the error will recur each time I reload the page.

 I can also confirm that the code fix that @aegis123 provided above does
 work to resolve the problem.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40931#comment:3>