[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40578: Media Library: Clicking the edges of the media does not select, it only focuses the li.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 28 13:26:18 UTC 2017

#40578: Media Library: Clicking the edges of the media does not select, it only
focuses the li.
 Reporter:  circlecube                           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by psiico):

 My patch removes the shadows from Media -> Library as long as it isn't in
 .

 I kept the focus shadow while on bulk select mode (mulk select mode =
 multiple file selection as seen in your GIF) in order to be able to select
 multiple files with the arrows and space key (in my opinion very useful
 when you have a large number of files). without this focus/visual guidance
 it's (almost?) impossible to select multiple files using the keyboard.

 I've noticed just now that the same visual bug applies while choosing the
 featured image which only allows selecting one image, therefore, the focus
 shadow here should be removed too.

 Or maybe I'm taking the wrong approach here. If so, I'm sorry.

 PS: I'm also using mac chrome dev build.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40578#comment:7>