[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38171: A site within a network has no more users when those users are deleted from the network

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 27 14:08:41 UTC 2016

#38171: A site within a network has no more users when those users are deleted from
the network
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Fab1en              |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Networks and Sites  |    Version:  4.5.3
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite           |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 In a multisite installation, if a site has only one user and you delete
 this user, the site has no more users.

 That seams logical, but this is not what super admin expects when he
 deletes a user from the network. When deleting a user, the following
 question appears :

   What should be done with content owned by XXX ?

 But even if he chooses "Attribute all content to:" option, the site in
 question is left without any user. I don't think this is impacting the
 site functions, but perhaps we should add a note ?

 We have several options :
 * if a user is selected to attribute the content to, it should also be
 added as a site user
 * OR, display a warning somewhere that a site will be left without any
 user before deleting the user
 * OR, do nothing and be responsible of some heart attacks when a super
 admin discovers that a site has no more active user.