[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 15 19:20:26 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-testing needs-   |  javascript
  user-testing                       |

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Summarizing the discussion in the design chat today, people are generally
 on board with this feature. We agreed that not having the .org previewer
 is good for existing sites, although it may be problematic for brand new
 sites. Depending on user testing, we might need to find a way to integrate
 that here (would be tricky as the .org previewer mimics the customizer,
 and would be a confusing experience in this context).

 I also noted that we have two weeks for any major design feedback that
 could require significant changes, and preliminary user testing needs to
 happen within that timeframe. Then, I'll publish a feature proposal on
 make/core for final, broader feedback, followed by a two-week period for
 final adjustments and one week for final code review and commit.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:33>