[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 5 16:34:20 UTC 2016

#35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  johnregan3
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by johnregan3):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots needs-patch => has-screenshots needs-patch
     dev-feedback

Comment:

 @celloexpressions @westonruter @joyously
 Based on my personal experience with this type of feature, I do agree with
 @joyously that many users would like to use this feature for theme-
 independent styles, as most would cover the style of their theme within
 the theme itself.

 Perhaps we should add a subpanel after clicking on "Custom CSS" that
 allows the user to choose between Theme CSS and General CSS (theme-
 independent), which would then take them to separate CSS editors.

 Your thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35395#comment:22>