[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 12 22:26:38 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 Replying to [comment:52 folletto]:
 > A question on accessibility here: all the direct manipulation buttons
 are extra pointers to existing customizer controls. In practice, they
 provide a direct access to panels.

 > In terms of accessibility, does it even make sense to make them
 accessible, instead of hiding them entirely, given there's already another
 accessible way to do the same thing (as much as the customizer navigation
 is accessible)?
 If you provide a UI control, it should be usable by everyone. If it is
 not, maybe you should probably consider why you're adding that control in
 the first place. Additionally, an empty button is not just an
 accessibility issue, its a matter of web standards too and keeping it
 empty, I would say it's an incomplete development. The web is not an empty
 canvas, standards and specifications exist for a good reason.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:55>