[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38131: REST API: Provide interface to include or exclude specific fields from response JSON

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 7 22:15:56 UTC 2016

#38131: REST API: Provide interface to include or exclude specific fields from
response JSON
 Reporter:  kadamwhite   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by rmccue):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 I want to avoid having this in core until we've fully explored all the
 edge cases around this. In particular, this has the potential to ruin both
 PHP and server caches. We're not really gaining any sort of performance
 benefit out of it, since the data has to be queried anyway, so it's purely
 about response size.

 Until we've sorted this out and properly discussed the repercussions of
 having essentially dynamic responses, it needs to be in a plugin. I'd like
 to keep this ticket open though, because I do want to see that eventually
 resolved in core.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38131#comment:4>