[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38867: Changesets : opening a link from the preview as a new browser tab can be confusing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 20 09:21:44 UTC 2016

#38867: Changesets : opening a link from the preview as a new browser tab can be
confusing
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  nikeo         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 @nikeo yeah, improving the experience for saving persistent drafts that
 last longer than 7 days would be good, as well as indicating in the admin
 bar that a changeset is being previewed (both of which are touched on by
 the Customize Snapshots plugin). However, I think that for 4.7 that the
 changes in the patch are sufficient for the release. In the next release
 we can start to incorporate some of the customize changeset features into
 the frontend, including the admin bar and frontend editing. Agreed? So
 does the patch get your +1 to close this ticket?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38867#comment:6>