[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless authenticated

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 7 15:16:32 UTC 2016

#38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless
authenticated
 Reporter:  jnylen0       |       Owner:

Comment (by danielbachhuber):

 Ok. At this point, I'm against the intent of this ticket for a few
 different reasons:

 1. Authentication is different then authorization, and we don't currently
 have an architecture for checking authorization on specific schema
 properties.
 2. Although we haven't explicitly stated as such, schemas aren't intended
 to be dynamic based on the request. The schema is meant to be a relatively
 fixed representation of the WordPress site.
 3. Because of 2, it's conceivable a client would cache the schema between
 users. If the schema was dynamic between users, then it would be incorrect
 in some uses.

 Given these points, it'd be worthwhile to document the intended nature of
 schemas somewhere.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38691#comment:3>