[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless authenticated

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 7 14:59:02 UTC 2016

#38691: REST API: Hide schema/args for site-customized endpoints unless
authenticated
 Reporter:  jnylen0       |       Owner:

Comment (by jnylen0):

 1. I'll defer to @rachelbaker for specific examples and rationale behind
 hiding them.
 2. For settings, I'm thinking the full schema would be shown if
 `current_user_can( 'manage_options' )`.  Otherwise we would show only the
 settings registered by core (which are already public because WP is open
 source).
 3. This is an option, but it seems better if it's possible to get a
 complete and accurate schema when authenticated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38691#comment:2>