[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38627: Twenty Seventeen: Custom Header Preview Doesn't Match in Customizer When Changed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 3 05:45:38 UTC 2016

#38627: Twenty Seventeen: Custom Header Preview Doesn't Match in Customizer When
Changed
---------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  davidakennedy  |       Owner:  davidakennedy
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by bradyvercher):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-refresh => has-patch

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:5 celloexpressions]:
 > Instead of exporting the front page variable from PHP, could we simplify
 this to check for the presence of the body class within the preview JS?

 Yeah, that is a little cleaner. [attachment:38627.1.diff] takes care of
 that.

 Replying to [comment:4 flixos90]:
 > Another thing I came across is that external videos do not show up for
 me at all in the Customizer, regardless of refresh...

 My guess is that your browser viewport might be somewhere between 900px
 and 1199px wide. The video will load for anything over 900px wide on the
 front end, but the Customizer takes up 300px, which bumps the preview
 iframe below the 900px threshold and prevents it from loading. Could that
 be the case for you? If so, that should probably be handled in a separate
 ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38627#comment:6>