[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option detects error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 5 20:52:58 UTC 2016

#35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option
detects error
 Reporter:  thomaswm                             |       Owner:  jeremyfelt
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
  testing                                        |

Comment (by flixos90):

 Replying to [comment:17 jeremyfelt]:
 > I gave another read through `sanitize_option()` and still find myself
 falling in favor of a new `sanitize_network_option()`. We would still need
 to add the old filter, but we could drop all of the site specific option
 switching and just focus on the network. This would also eliminate the
 need to pass both `$context` and `$context_id`.

 > Thoughts?

 I'd prefer to use one function for this cause. Especially with a look at
 #15691, a Settings API for the network admin should work in a similar
 manner like the regular one. There is too much parity between site vs
 network options to create separate functions. I don't see the point in
 writing an additional function for so little change in functionality. I
 think we should generally go with an additional `$context` (and when
 needed `$context_id`) parameter to support existing functionality for
 networks.

 What we could of course do is create a `sanitize_network_option()`
 function which would call the other function, automatically passing the
 `network` context. It would make it a little more intuitive to use, but
 not sure if this is needed either.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35379#comment:18>