[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37023: Twenty Fourteen: Duplicate ID's 'jp-relatedposts' created for contents by Ephemera plugin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 3 18:40:40 UTC 2016

#37023: Twenty Fourteen: Duplicate ID's 'jp-relatedposts' created for contents by
Ephemera plugin
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  lamdayap                 |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes                   |    Version:  4.5.2
 Severity:  normal                   |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  accessibility, template  |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 User reached out through Jetpack support saying their website was failing
 the w3 validator, reporting multiple ID's. I've checked this within our
 twentyfourteen live demo and got the same issue.

 When Jetpack's related posts is activated it creates an empty div
 underneath each Ephemera item with the 'jp-relatedposts' ID.

 No other post specific functions from Jetpack (sharing buttons etc) are
 affecting the Ephemera widget.

 W3 Validator Results:
 [https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Ftwentyfourteendemo.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2F13
 %2Fvideo-post-format-example%2F]