[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34560: High memory usage ( and possible server error) editing post with many/large revisions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 15 20:58:44 UTC 2016

#34560: High memory usage ( and possible server error) editing post with many/large
revisions
 Reporter:  pdfernhout               |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  patch dev-feedback needs-testing   |  performance
  punt                               |

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 I reviewed the queries here and approaches for using a more cacheable
 query using WP_Query with @boonebgorges at WCNYC and he pointed out ticket
 #19866 which has an in depth discussion of altering the fields variable to
 accept more options. tldr; its not going to fly, the queries won't be
 cacheable anyway. The best option would be considering a field that
 excludes the (potentially heavy) content - however this makes the post
 objects essentially uncacheable as later cache calls would get incomplete
 post objects.

 Instead I'll keep working on refining the queries as I have them and also
 consider some other optimizations to improve the queries.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34560#comment:62>