[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37351: Shiny Updates: Already intalled plugin shows with "Install Now" button on plugin-install.php page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 12 23:49:06 UTC 2016

#37351: Shiny Updates: Already intalled plugin shows with "Install Now" button on
plugin-install.php page
 Reporter:  mapk          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui            |
 I have the plugin Hello Dolly already installed, just not activated. When
 I search for that plugin in the "Add New Plugin" `plugin-install.php`
 page, it shows up with a button to "Install Now". Shouldn't it detect my
 installation and show "Installed" or "Activate" instead?

 Already installed plugin
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/QmXjlv7XxG.png)]]

 But shows as needing to be installed on `plugin-install.php`
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/_yumIShg6w.png)]]