[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 16 01:43:36 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  new
  screenshots needs-testing          |  javascript

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Of course - user testing and and design iterations will absolutely be
 necessary here. I should have clarified that the list above is base
 functionality that still needs to be developed, but I wanted to get the
 rest out there in the meantime so that we can start iterating on the
 design and UX. Any feedback and discussion during the design meeting would
 be fantastic as a first step. I'm adding a couple more visuals including a
 still of the main panel view to help document the current state of the
 patch.

 I'll also note that most of the UI currently in the patch is derived from
 the themes pages in the admin. I think we should be willing to diverge
 from that UI here as we work to optimize the experience, and improvements
 to the admin page could be synced back in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:7>