[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32503: Remove the "Update siteurl and home as well" checkbox option on multisite "Edit Site" screen.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 26 22:56:34 UTC 2015

#32503: Remove the "Update siteurl and home as well" checkbox option on multisite
"Edit Site" screen.
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  hugobaeta           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Replying to [comment:2 earnjam]:
 > The URL on this screen is the combination of `domain` and `path` and
 should match the value in `home`, but it might not match `site_url` if WP
 is installed in a subdirectory. I can't think of a scenario where the URL
 (`domain`/`path`) and `home` would ever be different.

 I think I'm actually flipped on imagination here. :)

 If I have a site that I edit using `mysite.company-admin.test/wp-admin/`,
 I want the `siteurl` set to `https://mysite.company-admin.test/` and the
 domain/path set to `mysite.company-admin.test` and `/`.

 I can imagine in this same scenario that my front-end actually lives at
 `https://company.com` and that all `home` uses should generate the URL
 accordingly.

 In reality, that would probably require extensive filtering. It's just
 where my imagination has gone.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32503#comment:5>