[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 25 13:26:45 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:                |       Owner:  ocean90
  celloexpressions        |      Status:  assigned
     Type:  enhancement   |   Milestone:  4.3
  needs-refresh           |
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch needs-refresh

Comment:

 @valendesigns if you could handle the changes in the latest round of
 feedback that would be great. I've iterated on this patch a few too many
 times, and am low on time for the week at this point after all the Menu
 Customizer stuff the past two days.

 In terms of the above the only other comment I'd have is that we should
 just darken descriptions if we're worried about the contrast there - I
 don't want to reduce the already tiny amount of fundamental contrast
 between UI and background (let's not get into that contrast ratio,
 although at least it's generally large background colors) just to change
 something that could be solved with a slightly darker text color. As long
 as it's 4.5:1 we should be fine, but could darken to maintain the current
 contrast if needed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:57>