[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32560: Wordpress MultiSite is not naming "wp_user_roles" field properly in wp_##_options table

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 3 14:30:06 UTC 2015

#32560: Wordpress MultiSite is not naming "wp_user_roles" field properly in
wp_##_options table
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  BearlyDoug       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by BearlyDoug):

 Okay, a little more research, this may be the end result of the bugs
 identified in #32127 and #32308. I just checked on two sites where I
 applied the patches in the two linked tickets, and the wp_##_user_roles
 row seems to be named properly.

 The difference is that the site I initially had this issue on was launched
 and the issues in the linked tickets were identified... the other two
 sites had their patches put into place before adding any users/sites.

 As far as the work flow is concerned, in WP MultiSite, the additional
 sites were set up, then the users created via Network Admin -> Users. I
 then went into each site, clicking edit, then users, and then adding an
 existing user.

 Based on my check of the other two sites, this issue could be absorbed
 into both #32127 and #32308, I suppose.

 At least there'll now be a reference for this issue if others come across
 it. Not sure if we now want to keep this as a standalone bug or bind
 it/tie it in with the other two tickets.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32560#comment:3>