[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31165: Custom post types that do not support content should not have an excerpt mode option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 29 15:53:53 UTC 2015

#31165: Custom post types that do not support content should not have an excerpt
mode option
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  m0r7if3r           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by m0r7if3r):

 Replying to [comment:3 knutsp]:
 > I have a lot of custom post types defines without content, using excerpt
 as the primary content container. Excerpt is separate column in the posts
 table, and core sets up a text/html editor for it. Perfect for my use.

 > Does this proposal make these more difficult to set up and use?

 I would say that if the post type does not support `content` OR `excerpt`,
 then the option to switch to excerpt view should not show up.  If the post
 type does not support either of these, then it stands to reason that
 switching between views would not change anything, thus creating
 confusion.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31165#comment:4>