[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33460: wp_list_categories should display title_li only if the $categories is not empty , or have an option to hide it if $categories is empty

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 26 15:50:34 UTC 2015

#33460: wp_list_categories should display title_li only if the $categories is not
empty , or have an option to hide it if $categories is empty
----------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  vilkatis                                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                             |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.4

Comment:

 Thanks, vilkatis! Patch looks pretty good. I'm thinking about the best
 name for this parameter. It seems to me that most of our existing params
 of this type begin with 'hide_' - 'hide_empty', 'hide_if_empty', etc. So
 maybe something like 'hide_title_if_no_cats', which would default to
 false? My only concern is that it feels a little like a double-negative.
 See [attachment:33460.diff], which adds unit tests.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33460#comment:4>