[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable broke activated plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 31 01:01:47 UTC 2014

#29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable
broke activated plugins
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  aubreypwd              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  closed
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:12 pento]:
 > `plugins.php` *must* load plugins, as most plugins change the plugin
 table. It would also leave sites potentially vulnerable if they have a
 security plugin that wouldn't be loaded, or if they use a custom
 authentication plugin.

 Bingo. For this reason alone I am closing this ticket out. #25137 already
 exists for alternative proposals.

 > I agree that the theme/plugin editor could be more robust, it'd be worth
 investigating if we can test loading edited PHP files, before saving them.

 The plugin editor does this. Themes: #21622.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29772#comment:13>