[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28321: Media uploader confuses user with description, caption, alt and title, without explanation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 7 16:05:37 UTC 2014

#28321: Media uploader confuses user with description, caption, alt and title,
without explanation
---------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DavidAnderson  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by helen):

 As much as I agree about the field confusion, if we have to introduce
 inline help, then we need to work on the UI expectations, not just help
 text. Like accessibility, we need to balance aesthetics with
 functionality, and this is aesthetically not good.

 Also, themes and plugins can do different things with the various fields.
 There is no unified expectation around them beyond that they've been there
 for a long time and a significant percentage of users squeal when we
 remove them, and that is precisely what is so difficult.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28321#comment:9>