[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30450: Focus V2: Separate out the DFW button from the rest of the TinyMCE editor buttons

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 24 20:01:45 UTC 2014

#30450: Focus V2: Separate out the DFW button from the rest of the TinyMCE editor
buttons
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sharonaustin      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
  feedback                    |
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment (by sharonaustin):

 Replying to [comment:3 afercia]:

 > I've tried and came up with something, not sure ~~"Alt+Shift+W" is still
 ok~~ about "Alt+Shift+F" but seems "Alt+Shift+W" is still in use and not
 sure if I've messed up something :) Thoughts?

 @afercia  I've incorporated your patch on my test site, and it works
 extremely well. (Blown away by your code as usual) The environment for
 testing is (4.1-beta2-30532) which is a "WordPress Latest" from this site
 http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip with the
 WordPress Beta tester https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-beta-tester/
 set to bleeding edge nightlies.

 If a different environment other than above is required for testing
 patches, I would appreciate it if you (or anyone) would, please, direct me
 to a good source of information for doing so, and I'll set it up in the
 proper environment and test again.

 Your patch works well, of course, but it opened to full screen, rather
 than staying the size of the original editor area, and it did it more
 quickly than the default version of Focus V2. I don't have a "feel" for
 what it would mean to him to open up to a full screen rather than stay
 within the original size of the editor box.   The friend I tested with is
 away for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I would really like his feedback on
 this.  I worry that there is a change of size in the editing area because
 he often has several windows up when he works, but he may also see it as
 an advantage--he may very well welcome a larger screen.  As soon as he
 gets back, I'll ask for feedback on it.  It will make his day to be able
 to contribute to this.

 If there are any additional volunteers with low-vision workers who would
 be willing to test, that would be a terrific opportunity to get some more
 feedback on it.

 @afercia, Thank you for the amazing patches.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30450#comment:8>